Don’t Let Your Pain be a Pain in the Neck
Most people can relate to the temporary inconvenience of neck pain that can come from a night of poor sleep. Many likewise remember the shocking discomfort of whiplash following a sport or car accident. What do you do when the basic remedies like stretching or heating fail to do the job?
It’s important to pay attention to your neck pain, as neglecting care could aggravate and prolong the issue. Unresolved neck pain can lead to other symptoms, such as1:
• Burning Pain
• Shoulder Aches
• Radiating Pain
• Weakness and tingling of the arms
If your neck pain persists, it is time to do some further investigation. Neck pain can be caused by a variety of issues, including the following:
• Injury - especially from falls, car accidents, or sports
• Pinched Nerves
• Degeneration or Herniation of the Discs
• Degenerative Disc Disease
• Muscle Spasms
Treatment may vary depending on the cause of the pain. To help you find the best treatment options, you should seek out medical attention from a highly qualified pain provider to assess your pain and determine the treatment plan that will be most effective for you. The staff at Allegan General Hospital’s Pain Management Center are dedicated to working with you to determine the best method of treatment for your long-term relief.
Call 269-686-4300 for more information and ask your primary care physician about a referral today!
1. Written by Iain Kalfas, MD; Reviewed by Stewart G. Eidelson, MD. (n.d.). Neck Pain Center | Causes, Treatments, Exercises, Relief. Retrieved January 31, 2017, from https://www.spineuniverse.com/conditions/neck-pain